The Texas Municipal League announces its third annual TML Leadership Academy – a two-course, six-day program, designed to enhance the leadership skills of officials who serve our Texas cities. The Leadership Academy features an impressive faculty of university professors, thought leaders, and governing officials who will teach you to critique your own decisions and actions, and develop the competencies needed to excel in your leadership role.
May 18-20 – Course One: Personal Leadership Effectiveness
June 15-17 – Course Two: Ethical and Influential Leadership
At the TML Leadership Academy, you will:
- Measure your leadership competencies, and identify actions to improve your effectiveness
- Examine who you are, and why you are leading
- Explore the principles and characteristics of ethical leadership
- Learn to build trust and community
- Improve team-building and communication skills
- Practice negotiation and conflict resolution for strategic influence
As a Leadership Academy participant, you will assess your personal leadership style and approach in a comfortable setting. You will meet and work with your counterparts from other Texas cities, discussing local issues in the broader leadership context. And you will discover how to apply what you learn in your public service role.
Most importantly, your city and citizens will benefit from the education and experience that you will gain.
TML Leadership Fellow
Make the commitment and attend both courses (more than 30 hours of training) to be awarded the prestigious title of “TML Leadership Fellow.” All TML Leadership Fellows will be honored at the closing session on June 17.