The Texas Municipal League’s annual Leadership Academy is a two-course, six-day program, designed to enhance the leadership skills of officials who serve Texas cities. The Leadership Academy features an impressive faculty of university professors, thought leaders, and governing officials who will teach you to critique your decisions and actions, and develop the competencies needed to excel in your current or future leadership role.
April 12-14 – Course One: Personal Leadership Effectiveness
May 17-19 – Course Two: Ethical and Influential Leadership
At the TML Leadership Academy, you will:
- Measure your leadership competencies, and identify actions to improve your effectiveness
- Examine who you are, and why you are leading
- Explore the principles and characteristics of ethical leadership
- Learn to build trust and community
- Improve team-building and communication skills
- Practice negotiation and conflict resolution for strategic influence
As a participant, you will assess your personal leadership style and approach in a comfortable setting. You will meet and work with your counterparts from other Texas cities, and discuss local issues in the broader leadership context. And you’ll discover how to apply what you learn in your public service role.
Most importantly, your city and citizens will benefit from the education and experience that you will gain.
TML Leadership Fellow
Make the commitment to attend both courses (more than 30 hours of training) and stay for the closing graduation ceremony at the end of course two to be awarded the prestigious title of “TML Leadership Fellow.”